Positive Material Identification (PMI)
The POSITIVE MATERIALS ANALYSIS (PMI) is a fast and non-destructive method to verify the chemical composition of alloys, with a very wide application at industrial level, such as determination or verification of chemical composition in the purchase or reception of products, in casting of metallic materials for the manufacture of structures and equipment, in inspection of structures in service, in study of materials for repairs, scrap classification, mining, etc.
Currently two methods are imposed for the analysis of materials: Spectrometry and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF).
BUQUELAND has portable analyzers for XRF testing, capable of analyzing parameters for metal alloys with a composition of Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, W, Hf, Ta, Re, Pb, Bi, Zr, Nb, Mo, Pd, Ag, Sn, Sb, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, in addition to having an identification library of alloys with more than 500 specifications.
Checking your assets with this technique, apart from saving time, you will also obtain the following benefits:
- Avoid stopping the production process to carry out the analysis.
- Speed in the checks, obtaining optimal results in 15-20 seconds, allowing a greater number of analyzes per unit of time and at a lower cost.
- Obtain simultaneous analytical response of up to 21 elements
- Identification of the grade of alloys and their chemical composition in percentage, which facilitates the selection in production processes, accepting or rejecting materials from reception to the finished product.
- Determine the chemical composition of a material in flammable or explosive environments, of parts that due to their shape and/or size cannot be transferred to a laboratory, as well as equipment components that should not be damaged.
- Avoid accidents due to the installation of materials of doubtful certification in the construction process.
- Reliable results.